Monday 16 July 2012

Jumping on the roof / 屋根の上をジャンプ 2012/07/16 in English/in Japanese


 
I was in my parents’ house in Mitaka in Japan. It is after midnight, very blur. My house became like Maurits Cornelis Escher’s painting. It is surely white house, some parts are cut out, no ceiling. Somehow my house was at the corner of the road(my house is next to the corner). My friends were near the toilet bowl. They seemed to be my old friends. They were playing. Jumping around the top of the roof to roof. Next is your turn! Who’s next! They are shouting. I was just looking at them.

Toshi, my friend in London(mixed up with my best friend Y), will do the big jump from roof to roof. I was trying to stop him, but he didn’t listen. Then I dropped the toilet washlet which they need it for jumping from the 1st floor(toilet was on 1st floor) . I thought “oh my god I broke it…” , but I saved his life so I felt released. Everybody was looking angrily.  I don’t remember he jumped after or not, but the ambulance arrived. Many people gathering around the car. High school girl with uniform, and high school boys. I was 2nd grade (in Japan) . someone must be in the ambulance to accompany with injured person.

I shouted “Many many people might die, but everybody jumps! We must stop it!” then Koizumi, who was my old friend was impressed deeply what I said, and he asked me to get on the ambulance with him and others, he was crying. All of others were 3rd grade. And they didn’t really want me to, but he insisted.  There was a girl or a boy who is covered the his/her face by bandage., 4, 5 people were in the car. Then the car stared moving. It seemed that the car goes quite far away, we passed the mountains road. When we had arrived, it was in front of a hospital, but it turned to be a Mosque. The guys were trying to put the strange device which they need for pray into the car. The shape is unique and has many right angle edges.  The place they have to put was almost the same shape as their device. They somehow put them into the car, they put 2,3 and then they moved the car.
There was a huge track filled a lot of cement passed right in front of me. The driver could not see me. Then I remembered an accident the girl was hit by big track in Japan.

The mother of the victim appears. She said “a baseball player from Kyojin(Japanese baseball team) was the driver! I must not support Kyojin anymore.” Then the people from Kyojin said, “that is nothing to do with us!” they shout.  At the morgue, the mother of the girl holding the girl’s hand, the girl was torn apart, but even she is surely dead, her mother was talking to her like the girl is alive.

I was extremely angry. “Why do you want to take many children's life!?(this doesn’t mean about accident about many events) It must not be like this. We must save the children!, That is why I need to live and make an effort and save their life!” I was crying and shouting to the air.

My phone was ringing and I woke up. My breathing was rough and I wasn’t crying.
It was 8:45am 2012/07/16 London time.

Written by Satoshi Date




------------Japanese

僕の実家、東京の三鷹の家にぼくはいる。夜中で暗く、ぼんやりとしている。家はエッシャーの絵のような家で僕の白い家に間違いないが、ところどころ切り抜かれていたり、天井がない。家はなぜか路地の角に位置していた(ぼくの家は角の家のひとつ手前にある)。友達が便器の前にたむろう。どうやら昔の旧友のようだ、彼らは遊んでいる。いろんな家の屋根を飛び跳ねて、次はおまえだ、誰だとか言って別の家へジャンプしている。ぼくは傍観者だ。


トシというロンドンの知り合いが(なぜかぼくの親友Yと重なっている)かなり危険なジャンプをしたいようだ。ぼくがとめるが聞かない。そこでそのジャンプに必要な、トイレのウォッシュレットを2階から下に落とす(トイレは2階にあった)。「しまった、壊れてしまったかも。」と思ったが、人の命を救ったからよかったとおもう。皆は白い眼で見る。その後、彼が飛んだかどうか不明だが、救急車が来る。多くのひとが集まる。女子高生、男子高校生。ぼくは2年生のようだ。ひとり怪我をしている人の付き添いが必要だった。

「多くの人が死んでしまうかもしれないのに、みんなジャンプする、やめなくてはいけない!」ぼくが叫ぶと、小泉という昔の友達が感動をして救急車にぼくを乗せようとする。涙をしながら。みんな3年生でぼくをつれていきたくないようだが、彼は無理やり載せる。包帯で顔を隠されている男性か女性が救急車に乗っている。4,5人救急車に乗る。車は移動する。
かなり遠くに行きそうで夜中に一人で帰れるか心配になる。山のなかを潜っていく感じだった。車が止まると病院のようだったが、なぜかイスラム教の集会に変わる。礼拝に必要な変な形のかくばった器具をひとりひとり車に入れようとするがなかなかはいらない。ちょうど入れる場所がその奇妙な器具とほぼ同じかたちで差し入れるようになっている。なんとかいれられたようで、2,3個いれて車を移動する。

横には駐車場でセメントをつめた(?)巨大なトラックがぼくをひきそうになり通る。運転手は完全に僕のことが見えない。そこで昔日本で起きた小さな女の子がトラックの運転手が気づかずひいた事件をおもいだした。そこでひかれてしまった女の子の母親があらわれる。彼女は巨人(野球の)の選手がひいたという。だからこれから巨人は応援しないという。そうしたら巨人の関係者はなんにも関係ない!と怒る。安置所でばらばらになった肉体の手をにぎる母親がいる。しんでいるのに、手を握りながら女の子に語りかけるように話しかける母親。

僕はひどく怒りを感じる。「何人の幼い子が命をうばれたのか!(これは交通事故だけでなくていろいろな死を感じている)こうであってはいけない。子供たちを守らなければいけない、だからぼくは生きてそれを防ぐために頑張って助けなくてはいけない!」と泣きながら叫ぶ。

そして電話で目が覚める。息は荒くて、涙は出ていなかった。

8:45am 2012/07/16 ロンドン時間。

文:伊達 賢

1 comment: