Thursday 12 July 2012

First Time Being In India Part 9(Amber Palace20120305-1) /初めてのインド Part9 (アンバーパレス2012年3月5日―1) in English/ in 日本語



  
I had a nice rikisha guide from the hotel in Jaipur, young boy, maybe around 17 years old. He had the same smile as my Bangladesh friend in London, so he looked very familiar for me, seems like I was talking to my friend when he was very young. 

When I asked how much does it cost to go Amber Palace, the receptionist at the hotel started typing with the calculator and showed at me.  It was a deal of their auto-rikisha boy, I remembered there was a rikisha car outside of the hotel.  Anyway it was cheap, so I jumped on.

Little boy on the Rikisha said many Japanese tourists do not speak any English, so he was happy that we could talk each other.
I went to Amber Palace, it was quite impressive. Huge and has style and beauty. Sadly there is horrible cheap café was inside of palace. “inlaid”


Stairs are so high, everything made of stones. Most of space, you can feel the wind, perhaps they meant to build that way, to keep the people cool. It was like a maze, although there are many tourist outside, I did not see many in inside. Mysterious wind blew, people’s voices are abosoved by stones, Sun and his shadow had a conversation with me. Seems like each of us trapped by ancient castle.


This rikisha boy took me to the interesting place near the water palace. He said it is worth watching, “ There is a factory where you can buy fabrics and clothes. It is not like market you see on the street in Jaipur, it is all handmade, a bit expensive, but there was a quality. No pushing, they won’t force you to buy anything”  I entered the factory. Many boys were stamping the fabric by curved stone.

The guy approached to me and he start explaining how they do. He said some money goes to the people who do not have job, and they make people like that to train here to work. The guy from the factory took me up stairs.

Upstairs, the carpets are laid everywhere on the floor, opened space, make me think of Old Japanese house. There are some staff covered by Sari and all the fabrics were in the shelf on the walls.

 He started showing many pieces of carpet and fabric. He explained to me how to distinguish real handmade or not handmade one. He was convincing me that they have good quality fabrics, but I could not find any interesting design. I actually did not buy anything for myself during this trip, only gift for friends, acquaintance. Oh only tea I bought for myself. Perhaps I am boring person? But seriously I could not find any good design and quality stuff, that is why I did not buy any.

I thought if I could help their design. That’ ll be wonderful. Well that is why I am working on NPO Mirai in Japan.  http://www.npo-mirai.net/

--日本語

ジャイプールで泊まったホテルにはオットー(リキシャ)のガイドがいた。とても若くてたぶん17歳位かとおもう。彼の微笑みはロンドンのバングラディッシュ人の友達を思い出させ、僕に親近感を与えた。友達が少年だった頃の彼と喋っているようだった。僕がアンバーパレスまでいくらくらいかかるかとホテルのカウンターで聞いてみた。スタッフは電卓を持ち出してパパッと数値を入力して僕に見せる。彼が抱えているオットーリキシャのスタッフが行きたい場所をすべて連れて行ってくれるみたいだ。リキシャカーがホテルの外に常に止めてある事を思い出した。とにかく安かったので、彼らのリキシャに乗ってくことにした。リキシャの男の子は日本人の殆どの観光客は英語が喋れなくて困ると言っていた、僕が英語を喋るので会話が弾んで嬉しいと言っていた。彼の言葉には嫌味は全然感じられなかった。

アンバーパレスに着く。なかなかの作りで感動した。とても大きくて、スタイルがあり、美が存在していた。悲しいことに安っぽいカフェが宮殿の中に組み込まれていた。まさに「埋め込まれ」ていた。

とても階段が高い、すべてが石によって作られたいた。そしてどこからも風が通るのを感じられた。たぶん灼熱を冷やすため、風がどこからも通るように作られたのだろう。
なかはまるで迷宮のようだった、沢山の観光客が宮殿の外で見かけたが、宮殿内では殆どみかけなかった。不思議な風が吹き、人の声は石に吸収され静かで、ただ太陽と影だけが僕と会話をした。大昔に出来た宮殿に皆は囚われてしまったようだった。

リキシャの男の子は水の宮殿の近くにある面白い場所へ連れて行ってくれた。彼はここは見ておくべきだという。「生地とか服を売っている工場があるんだよ。ジャイプールでみるマーケットとはまるでちがう、すべて手作りで、ちょっと値段はするけど、いいものが売られているよ。彼らは押し付けたりなんかしないから、よってみるといい」僕は工場にはいる。小さな男の子が石に彫られたスタンプを生地に叩きつけてプリントしていた。

男が現れ子供たちが何をしているか説明し始めた。ここでの売り上げの一部は仕事のない人たちに送られ、また仕事のない人たちをここで訓練させ仕事を与えるようだ。 工場の男は上の階へぼくを連れて行く。
上の階は地面いっぱいに絨毯がひかれていて、とても広く日本の古い家屋を思わせる。サリーに身を包むスタッフが何人かいて、生地が丁寧に壁の棚にしまいこんである。

彼はいろんな絨毯や布を見せ始める。彼はどのように本当の手作りでできたものか見わけるか教えてくれた、確かに彼らの作品はクオリティーの高いものだと僕に説得することはできたが、何かを僕に買わせるまでには至らなかった。結局ぼくはこの旅で自分に対してなにもお土産は買わなかった。そう、お茶は後で買った。たぶんつまらない男かもしれないが、クオリティーは高くても良いデザインで買わせる気まで起こさしてくれるものはなかった。


それで思ったのがこういうお土産やとかローカルな物のデザインを助けることをやってみたいなと思った。今やっているNPO未来も言えばそんな願いによって僕は仕事をしている。http://www.npo-mirai.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment