Wednesday 4 July 2012

First Time Being In India Part 6(20120304 Jaipur) /初めてのインド Part6 (20120304 Jaipur) in English/ in 日本語



At this early morning, I was supposed to go to Jaipur, A had a party and he was doing VJ there, so we went to the venue. It was like a club in London, there are plenty of rich Indian people, everyone was wearing western clothes, Mojito cost around 7Pounds.

I came back as early as I could and waited for taxi. I wanted to go by train, but it was hard to get train ticket(you need to have a Indian credit card to buy it online, you have to be in the waiting list to buy tickets as there are crazy amount of population in India), I decided to go by bus. The taxi was quite modern, big and there are meter. As I had been got used to use auto rikisha, I felt quite strange to be in the modern car. It was 4 o’clock in the morning, and the road was very empty. It seemed very unrealistic to be In the quiet dark street in Delhi.

When I arrived in Bus terminal, I felt the same feeling as I was in the early morning in Japan or England. Awaken eyes, because I got up early, very quiet surroundings and a bit of dangerous atmosphere. At the terminal, there were a few tourist, and 10 year old boy who try to sell some food to make money, I think that was food. The ticket office opened later on, the old man receptionist was quite rude. There were class even on the bus. As I wanted reach Jaipur as early as I could, I have booked quite expensive one. The bus was so old and dirty, Someone told me before, in India, bus is much more comfortable than train.  I didn’t quite understand what he meant…

On the bus, there were soap opera was playing on the TV. It looked serious at the same time comedy.. well Indian style? Anyway there were no English subtitle, so I didn’t get it. I was quite tired, so I was sleeping in the bus most of the time.  I woke up sometimes, and I see the view from the window, sometimes I see the desert, sometime I hear the noises from the cars or auto rikisha. I was whispering to myself in my brain when I was almost dozing off “I see, in India, beeping sound of cars change according to different region…

Jaipur was hot. When I arrived at bus terminal, there were old men and women and young people who are covered by colourful clothes and rucksacks.  Petrol gas keeps coming to my lung, I checked the location of the hotel in the guidebook, then I start walking.

Under the highway, I was walking with 20kg rucksack on my back and front. I regret a bit that I brought a heavy military rucksack with metal.
Cars were passing next to my body very close. There was a traffic jam(I think it’s always like this) and they were not speeding so much, so I got used to it soon or after.
I saw Western Union, the sign was tilt, there seemed to be no one inside. There were damaged and dirty counter was there. I found it on the map of guide book, so it must be the one, but who is going this kind of place? I found Baskin Robbins on the way.

Finally I got to the hotel. The hotel was very comfortable, there was a roof top restaurant, I could relax well. There were two Japanese boys on the roof, but I did not talk to them.
People can speak in English in India, that was very helpful for me, when I was in Poland, it was a bit tough to travel.

---In Japanese 日本語

この日早朝にJaipurに行く予定だったが、Supper ClubのあとAがVJをするということでパーティーにみんなで行くことになる。クラブのようなところでお金持ちのインド人が沢山いた、みんな欧米風の服に身を包んで、モヒートが800円もした。

早めに切り上げてTaxiを待つ。電車で行こうとしたが、電車を買うのに一苦労していたので(インドのクレジットカードでしかチケットをネットで買えなかったり、人口が多いのでチケットを買うためには何十人ものキャンセルを待たなくてはいけなかった)、バスで行くことにした。Taxiはとても近代的でメーターもちゃんとしていた。ちっちゃいオットーに乗ってばかりいたのでとても不思議な気分がした。道は朝4時だったのでとても道がすいていて、暗闇の静かなデリーを走るのは非現実的な気がした。

バス停にたどり着くと、日本での夜明け、イギリスでの夜明けとかぶって感じられた。朝早いために目が覚めていて、あたりが静かで、少し危険な雰囲気。バス停には数人の旅行者、朝早くから旅行者からお金を稼ごうとする10歳くらいの小さな男の子。彼は確か食べ物を売っていたようなきがした。チケット売り場が開く。受付のおじいさんは態度が悪かった。バスにもクラスがあり、僕ははやくジャイプールにつきたかったので、少し値段の高めのバスに決めた。バスはとにかくぼろかった。ある人がインドではバスのほうが電車より全然快適だと言ってたが、その意見は理解できない。

バスの中ではコメディーなのかシリアスなのかインドの言葉でドラマがテレビで放映されていた。インドのスタイルなのか。とにかく英語の字幕もなかったので理解はできなかった。疲れていたので殆どバスの中では寝ていた。ときどき目を覚まして窓から景色を眺めると、砂漠のようなものが見えたり、騒がしい車やオットーたちが見えた。地域も変わるとクラクションの音も変わるのかと虚ろうつろしながら頭の中で自分に呟く。

ジャイプールはとにかく暑かった。バス停につくと、道端に座っている老人たち、色の鮮やかな服やリュックに身を包まれていた若ものたちなどで溢れていた。排気ガスが引っ切り無しに肺の中に入り込んでくる、道を確かめてガイドブックにあったホテルまで歩く。

高速道路の下を20Kgほどの前と後ろに抱えながら歩く。ミリタリーの重い鉄が組み込まれてるリュックなどもってくるのではなかったと少し後悔する。車が自分の体すれすれに通っていく。渋滞だといこともあって、車のスピードは速くないので慣れれば恐くなかった。
WesternUnionをみる。看板も傾いていて中は誰もいなそうで、暗くてぼろぼろのカウンターがあるようだった、ガイドブックの地図にも載っているが誰がこんなところを信用するのだろうか? 途中で31アイスクリームを見かける。

やっとホテルに着く。ホテルはとても快適な場所だった。屋上にはレストランがあって。ゆったりできた。日本人の男性二人が屋上にいた。話しかけなかった。
インドでは英語が通じるので助かった。これで英語が通じなかったら大変だっただろうなと思う。前にポーランドを旅したがその時は大変だった。



No comments:

Post a Comment