Monday 20 August 2012

First Time Being In India Part 10(Organic Farm20120305-2) /初めてのインド Part10 (オーガニックファーム2012年3月5日―2) in English/ in 日本語



After I checked out the hotel, I headed to Organic farm for volunteering which I’d decided to go before.  I arrived around 5pm.  It was about 1hour by auto rikisha from Jaipur centre. From main road, perhaps 15min. I didn’t feel so far from the city, but after I see around here, it was definitely I can call country side or middle of nowhere.
As soon as I arrived, French girl walked in, felt a bit strange that this situation happened before. Like stranger come to village and urban European who got used to be there come to me and start talking, like they know everything about there, and I don’t know, so they will teach you all. 
“guys, new one came!” French girl shouted to others. One European looking girl and boy start approaching to me. Girls had wet hair and they were covering themselves with bath towel, I realised that they just had a shower or went to into pool, I remembered I decided to come here, because here was a swimming pool.
Manager of this farm came and registered me.  There was a strange guy called Latan was sitting next to manager, didn’t really feel good from him, seems they look a bit suspicious, but I always too critical about people for the first meeting.  Latan was keep laughing and smiling very strangely.  He seems like servant here.

Latan and other guy brought a bed for me, very basic bed. And show me the room which is also very basic, made of clay? straw-thatched roof? Sands everywhere?  I was a bit scared but did not care so much.  Then Suddenly, French girl start shouting as staff in the farms are here, “heeey! Please change my bed! Look it is sooo dirtyyyyy” in very strong French accent. She was picking the pillow between her fingers. “I cannot sleep here!”  We were laughing.  She was later, relaxing on the chair under the sun, headphone on her ear, wearing sun-glasses and laptop in front of her. 

I asked her what was the reason she came, and she said for relaxing and for fun, but the American boy I met was curious about organic farm. So there are many people came here for various reason.
There was a map on the wall in our volunteer cottages area. Whole farm is about 400mx400m, and there are three families, a chef, manager and boss’s family’s houses. There were narrow roads connect between the houses. Tall big trees are everywhere, and small trees on the farm. I was told that this farm is mainly for amla. (I wasn’t told this at all before I was coming here.)

We met the family who owns here. It seemed like other than the family, they cannot speak English.  There was a chef, he cooked the food all the time, for us and the family.  We most of the time prepare the food(like peeling the peas, sieving the flour etc.).
We introduce each other in front of our dining table, I roughly introduced by myself. Felt awkward doing so, being middle of nowhere. What if I stayed here forever? What If I cannot go back? There is the reason to introduce myself when I was in the city? The life in the city might not meaningful.  I thought it would be interested if we were putting the city people’s mind on the dining table in front of us here, and talk about our life.


ホテルをチェックアウトして、ボランティアをする予定のオーガニックファームに向かう。5時ごろに着く。1時間ほどジャイプールのセンターからリキシャーでかかった。大通りから大体10分ほどで、あまり町から離れた気はしなかったが、この辺を見回すと、田舎でまったく自分がどこにいるかわからないような場所だった。
ついたとたん、フランス人の女の子が歩いてくる、前にも同じようなことが合った気がする。見知らぬ男の僕が村にやってきて、そこでは住み慣れた都会から来た欧米人が現れ、なにもわからない僕にひとつひとつ一から教えるという状況が前にも僕の人生で起きていた気がする。
「新しいのが来たわよ!」と彼女はみんなに伝える。ヨーロッパ人っぽい男と女の子が歩いてくる。女の子たちは濡れた髪で体全体にバスタオルを巻いていた。 シャワーかプールに入ったんだなと思う。僕がボランティアのファームをこの場所に決めた理由のひとつにプールがあるからということを思い出した。

このファームのマネージャーが僕を登録しに来る。Latanという変わったやつが彼の横に座っている。あまり良い印象はうけず、なにか奇妙な雰囲気をかもし出していた、僕はいつも初対面の人を警戒するのでそのせいかとも思う。Latanはときどきおかしな笑いをしにやにやとする。彼は身分の低い使用人のようにみえた。

ラタンともう一人の男がベッドを僕の部屋に運んでくれる。とても「基本的」なベッドだ。
部屋をみせてもらうが、これまた「基本的」。粘土でできているのか?藁葺き屋根?部屋は砂だらけ。こんなところで寝るのかと思ったが、すぐ気にならなくなった。突然さっきのフランス人の女の子がスタッフが部屋の近くに来たので文句を言い始めた。「これみてよ、ベッド汚すぎ!換えてくれない?」強いフランス語の訛りで叫ぶ。枕を指で汚そうにつまみあげて彼らに見せる。「こんなとこじゃ寝れないわよ!」みんなは彼女をみて笑う。彼女はその後日の下でヘッドフォーンとサングラスをしながら、ノートパソコンを前にいすの前でリラックスする。
フランス人の子に何でここにきたか尋ねたら、リラックスするのと面白そうだったから、と答える。アメリカの男の子はオーガニックファームについて興味があったからと言っていた。いろんな理由でこの場所にみんな来ているのだなと実感する。

ボランティアの住処の壁にマップが描かれていた。ファームは大体400mx400mほどでそこに農民の家族が3人住み、シェフ、マネージャーそしてボスの家族の家がある。それぞれ畑の中に家族の家を結ぶ道がある。背の高い木がいたるところにあり。小さな木々が畑の上にそびえる。どうやらここはアムラが育てられているようだ。(来る前にもらった情報とは全然違った…)
この農地を所有するファミリーと会う。 ここではファミリー意外は英語を喋れないようだ。僕らとファミリーの食事を作るシェフがいる。常に彼が料理を作るようだ。料理の下ごしらえはいつもボランティアがやることになっていた。

僕らは食卓のテーブルの前で自己紹介をしあう。簡単に自分のことを語る。こんな人里はなれたところで少し不思議に思う。もしここに永遠にとどまったら?帰らなかったら? 都市で暮らす「僕」を紹介してなんの意味があるだろうか? こんな農家で目の前にあるテーブルに都市から来た僕たちがアイデアなり考えを並べあって、自分たちの人生について考えるのは面白いかもしれないと思った。

No comments:

Post a Comment