Friday 6 April 2012

11th-16th Dec 2011 “the first time in Dubai”in English/日本語 12月11日-16日 「初めてのドバイ」



I went to Dubai for acting some advertisement. The cost of flight and hotel were covered by the client, and treat me so nice. I was introduced other actress and actors by staff, but as I am not good at being open for new people, I might have created the distance to them.

Arrived at hotel in the late night. Staff gave us some pocket money, and received the key. Quite large and clean room. One of the wall in the bed room, it was made by huge glass. I could see the building in front of the hotel and the tiny cars which keep following the other similar shaped ones. I felt like I had to fill something in the air in such an empty room.

Next morning, I went down to the 7th floor restaurant. It was buffet. There were various kinds of ham and cheese on the ice. Some people ordered a special omelet to the chef as well. I was confused what to eat as there are many deserts.

One of the actor of this job talked to me and ask me to join the breakfast. We were enjoyed the meal with relaxing music and calm mood in the restaurant. I could see the surrounded building and the city from the table as the walls are made of glass. He seems that he is from Normandy. We talked about 2nd world war, and he told me that there are many people who do not want to speak about that period, because many people created the false information or reported the neighbours to Nazis and getting their properties, businesses and lands. People who betrayed feel ashamed, it is a taboo in some areas.

I love to hear the story makes me think, but I did not think that I will hear the war story in a such a relaxing place. I felt that any kinds of mankind try to be higher than any others whenever they have an opportunity. It reminds me that even after the Dubai Crisis, many of poor people from countries near by work for constructing the buildings here.

When I walk down the city, 100s of men with dirty clothes looking through us from the darkness under the skyscraper. 200 eyes are staring at us. Shined, all the eyes, in the dark, looking at us with gloom? Or just simple curiosity? They are just steady and waiting for order from the boss. An article on the paper says that they are treated like slave and cheated to come to Dubai for their work.

Simply, this city, I can say only desert, skyscraper, resort, shopping mole and then beach beach beach. That is all. I am not particularly interested in coming here, but I wanted to see once. I met a friend of friend who grew up here, I wondered she has an identity or not. Most of people here might be Arab, because of the culture, but her origin is India. She speaks Arabic and English. In fact, all the cities, towns and even villages are “man-made” , but it is hard to find themselves in the city on top of desert created by human’s fantasy.

Sometimes we worked in the very early morning, but everything was so relaxed. All the staff, actress and actors are extremely kind and nice, so it was a bit like little vacation.

Written by Satoshi Date

---日本語 Japanese

ある広告の俳優の仕事でドバイに行く。フライトもホテル代もクライアント持ちで待遇がよかった。空港ではスタッフに他の俳優や女優を紹介されたが、いつも人見知りな僕は彼らと距離を作ってしまう。
夜更けにホテルへつく。スタッフからお小遣いをもらい、部屋の鍵を受け取る。大きくて清潔な部屋。ベッドルームの一面の壁はすべてガラスで目の前にあるビルと絶えず先にある車を追いかける車たちが小さく見える。一人でこんな部屋にいるのは何かを埋めつかさなければいけない様なちょっとした居心地悪さを感じさせた。

次の日の朝、7階にあるレストランへ向かう。朝はビュッフェで好きなだけ食べれるようだ。氷の上に美味しそうなハムやチーズがのっかっている。シェフに直接オムレツを頼んでいる人もいた。デザートも豊富でどれを先に食べるか迷う。

俳優の一人S.Cが話しかけてくれる。ゆったりとしたムードの音楽が流れなかで彼と食事をゆっくりと楽しむ。壁が一面ガラスでできているため、まわりに囲まれたビルとシティーがテーブルから見渡すことができた。彼はノルマンディー出身のようだ。第二次大戦の話になって今でも戦争のことについて話したくないフランス人がたくさんいると言っていた。というのはナチに作り上げた情報を流して持ち物や土地、ビジネスを奪いとった人間が沢山いるからだと言っていた。そのことを恥に思い、今でもそのことについて話すのはタブーとなっているようだ。

僕はハッとさせる話を聞くのは好きだが、こんなところまできて戦争のことを話すとは思わなかった。人間は常に機会があれば誰かの体を押さえつけてまで上に登って得をしようとしているものなのだなと感じた。ドバイ危機が収まった今でもこのドバイで高層ビルを建設するために貧しい国から働きに来た人たちがいることを思い出させた。

街を歩くとこの街とは相反するようなみすぼらしい格好をした僕らを見つめる何百人もの土木工事をする人たちがビルの下に次の支持を待つため只々何もせずに暗闇の中に立っていた。200の目が僕らを見つめる、光っているすべての目が、暗闇の中で。悲しみの目なのか、ただの興味の目なのか。ある記事では彼らは給料がいいと騙されてやってきて、奴隷のように扱われていると聞いた。

この街は簡単にいえば、砂漠、高層ビル、リゾート、ショッピングモールそして海岸。それだけだ。特に来たかった場所ではなかったが一度は見てみたいとは思っていた。この人口都市で育った友人の友人にあったが、彼らはいったいどんなアイデンティティーを持っているのか不思議に思う。基本的にはここにいる人は文化のこともありアラブ人なのだろうけど会った人の血はインド人。そして英語とアラブ語を話す。言ってしまえば世界全ての都市、勿論村も含んで「人口」だが、歴史がない砂漠の真ん中で作られた遊園地やおとぎ話のような都市では自分を探すのは大変だなと感じた。

仕事は早朝の撮影もあったが、リラックスしたムードで行われ、スタッフ、女優、俳優さんもとても雰囲気のある方たちばかりでヴァケーションに行ったような一時だった。

伊達 賢

1 comment:

  1. YoBit enables you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 distinct crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you can from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

    You can click CLAIM as much as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete