Sunday 22 January 2012

Shipping Back 06 (Final) /日本帰航 06 (最終章) in English/Japanese Nov25th-Dec2nd 2011


Nov 25th

We went to have a breakfast, there was a Scandinavian couple. I translated how they serve food by themselves, as the people in the canteen cannot speak in English. The strange man we met yesterday come to the canteen. After he has finished eating, he started talking to the couple, “Biking Biking” I just thought what is he saying? Maybe something rude… As his English was terrible, I didn’t and they didn’t really understand what he wanted to communicate… A girl of the couple was looking at her boyfriend and seems she didn’t know what to do. He said at the end “ I am Pirates!”…. and he disappeared from canteen…
I felt sorry for the couple and we started talking to them. Trying to approach that there are not so crazy Japanese here. They came from Denmark, and they are architect. He wanted to see Tadao Ando’s architecture. We talked about “Nageiredo” and they started being interested in seeing it. We recommended to come to Tottori next time they visit to Japan.

We missed the bus. So we had to carry very heavy(10kg mine) luggage to do sightseeing. Went to Chichu museum. www.benesse-artsite.jp/chichu/
This was the first time to feel Tadao’s work, so I was quite happy. I got some inspirations, but I had been thinking what I can do if I am an architect.
Talked with the staff who I know.

After the museum we left the luggage at the ferry port, then we hired the bicycle, we went to the art village, saw a couple exhibitions. Reminded me the echigo tsumari triennale www.echigo-tsumari.jp which I joined the project long time ago. There were many installations in the traditional Japanese houses, but I was not so inspired from them. Went back to the port. Mr.Y.A got Takoyaki and Takorice for me, we left at 2:55pm from Naoshima.  I started travel to Mino, very strange trains, students look like boys and girls from 50years ago… took 6 hours to get to Mino. The owner of the inn picked me up, Went to the supermarket, no one was there. Bought rice bread, chicken and pudding… like a big supermarket in London but no one.

Arrived at Kominka(old house). The owner told me, he does kayak. He told me that it is quite popular in England, but it is very popular in America. Interesting to hear that riding on the river is talking to the nature, and using the power of the nature… all the energy coming to us is created by conversation between the nature and us.

He started to run business which just rent out the room for visitors to this village, so he can do kayak everyday without worrying about money. I thought it is interesting way of living. The house was very old and I could hear everything form downstairs.

Nov29th

Back to Tokyo met a buyer at Daikanyama. Talked about my works.
Met a girl who is my supporter. We met on facebook and I decided to see her. She does volunteer at Minami Souma-shi(where the earthquake had hit) . talked to me about her background and her ex boyfriend.
Went to Bunka academy to buy some tools with her. Went to see H.K and E.T my staff in Japan. Had a dinner with three of them.

Nov30th
Couldn’t see Y.S somehow. After that meeting with Y and O at Ebisu. At Ebisu Yokocyo. Somehow the supporter I met last night came to the table next to us.

Dec 1st

Having a class at Minato ku Aoyama primary school. Talked about better to go outside of Japan and see the world, and they have a power to change everything. They listened to me carefully. There was a cute black girl in grade 6. Strange to talk about the world and cosmopolitan city (London) in front of her, as she might already feel and know about it.

Dec 2nd

Leaving Japan.
A Japanese accountant was next to me in the airplane. He told me that he was working for 40years. The same job and same place.. I was like wow… the ladies next to him were amazingly from the same primary school as mine. We talked about our teachers…
It’s very strange to talk with someone has retired and has skills. They say “now we are going to enjoy the rest of my life” There is no goal, any passions. They have skills and can do many things, but they do not have any energy to use them anymore.  
At this time trip, I saw an old man selling and baking Goheimochi. In the countryside, old people work like that, they have a job. It seems like an opposite world to modern city where there was no place to the old people. Of course, there are no young people in the countryside so the old people have to work instead of young ones, but this environment in the suburb creates a beautiful atmosphere.


11月25日

朝ごはんを食べに行く。北欧系のカップルが現われる。ごはんのよそい方など、味噌汁がお代わり自由など食堂のおばさんが英語が出来ないので、ぼくが説明をする。この前あった不思議なへんなおっさんが現れる。彼が食事を終えた後、片言の英語で西洋人のカップルに話しかける。「バイキング、バイキング。。。」 なんか失礼なこといってんじゃないのかな、と思う… 彼の酷い英語でなにをしたいのかわからず、カップルの女性はすごく困ってそうな顔をみせる、でもカップルはとても人がよく、ちゃんと応対していた。「I am Pirates!(オレは海賊ダー)」とかなんとかいってそのおっさんは去る。
もうしわけないので僕らは話しかけ、へんな日本人ばかりじゃないよとアピール。どうやらデンマークからの建築家のようで安藤忠雄の建築物を研究に来たようだ。投入れ堂について話してあげ、こんどは鳥取に是非とはなす。

バス乗り遅れる。
直島観光。3時間ほど10キロの荷物をしょって歩く。地中美術館に行く。www.benesse-artsite.jp/chichu/ 安藤忠雄の作品に触れるのは初めてだったので嬉しかった、インスピレーションをうけるが自分ではどの様な建築をつくるか頭の中で思いをめぐらせる。
知り合った美術館で働く人と話をする。
バスでフェリー乗り場に荷物を預け、自転車で急いでアートの村へ、2,3見る。新潟のトリエンナーレ
www.echigo-tsumari.jp
を思い出す。趣のある古い日本の建物にアートインスタレーションがほどかされている感じ。これといって印象は薄かった。 港に戻る。たこ焼きとたこ飯をY.Aさんに買ってもらい、2時55分のフェリーで出る。
とても不思議な電車に乗って行く、田舎の学生たちが50年前の学生に見える。9時前に美濃市駅に着く。約6時間の旅。宿泊地のオーナーが車で迎えに来る。スーパーによる。だだっ広いが誰もいない。米パン、から揚げ、プリンを買って帰る。ロンドンのスーパーのようだ。

古民家につく。川の音がする。あたりは暗い。オーナーの方がカヤックについて語ってもらう。イギリスが実は盛んで、アメリカがトップクラス。自然の力をつかって漕ぐ、自然の力なしでは漕いでいくことは不可能というところがおもしろかった。すべてのエネルギーは自然との対話で生まれるものだと感じる。彼の彼女が日本代表だそうだ。
カヤックを毎日できる環境をかんがえて仕事をやめて古民家を貸して生計を立てているようだ。おもしろい生き方だ。かなりボロイ作りですべて声がつつぬけだった。

11月29日

日本に帰って13:30に代官山でバイヤーと会う。ぼくの作品について語る。
その後Facebookであった、ぼくのサポーターに会いに行く。スタッフのEさんをKさんと会う。3人で飲む。

11月30日

会おうとしたY.Sさんと会えず。その後YさんとのMeetingを。
恵比寿にてOさんと会う。恵比寿横丁。昨日会ったサポーターさんとばったり会う。
 
12月1日

港区青山小学校にて授業。外に出ること、君たちが世界を変えると告げる。みんな真剣に聞いてくれる。6年生に黒人の子がいた。イギリスは多民族だってことを彼女の前に話すのは不思議に思えた。

12月2日

飛行機で元会計士の隣に座る。40年間も同じ仕事をしたと、とても日本的な話を聞く。となりの彼と同じツアーの二人の女性が僕と同じ小学校に通っていた人達だった。ぼくより年上だったが、先生の話などとても偶然な出会いと会話をする。リタイアをした人達と会話をすると不思議なきがする。あとは人生を楽しむだけ。お金をもうけることも、とくにやりたいゴールもない。ぼくはそうなるのだろうか?技術を持っていて色々できるのに、それを使う気は全然ないのだ。今回の旅で五平餅を売っているおじいさんがいた。田舎では年寄りの方もこうして仕事をしている、仕事がない、年寄りには行き場がないと感じる都会とは正反対であった。勿論若者がいなくてお年寄りが仕事をせざるを得ないところがあるのかもしれないが、雰囲気がよい田舎町になっている気がした。




No comments:

Post a Comment