Tuesday 20 April 2010

Rufas Theatre/ London Report

My friend has got a free ticket of a theatre play(opera) at Sadler's Wells. Rufas Wainwrights is the composer of this play. I am not big fan of him, but I like this song. I do not really like how he performs… better just listen to the music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ReFah2lCQ
http://www.sadlerswells.com/show/Rufus-Wainwrights-Prima-Donna
The show was really horrible. Last song was quite nice, but the story was not impressive… well everything was not the greatest…. I would say 32 out of 100… I do not think Rufus is very popular but it makes people understand he does opera… I felt a limitation of pop singer does something different… like Johh Greenwood does classical piece. Probably I might do in the future (classic even if I am not trained at all ) but sometimes we should be in the position we should be,,, well people will judge anyway… I just do not like the idea to advertise some show just because pop singer composed… I think direction or writing is more important on theatre… This was the most boring opera I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment